MUMBAI to KANYAKUMARI – This beautiful Coastal Drive will make you go for a Road Trip right now.
Mumbai >> Ratnagiri >> Panaji >> Murudeshwar >> Mangalore >> Kannur >> Kozhikode >> Alappuzha >> Kanyakumari
Approximately 1644 km
Mumbai to Ratnagiri
The driving distance between Mumbai and Ratnagiri is 331 km. The main places covered during the journey from Mumbai are Kolad, Mahad, Chiplun & Hathkhamba.
Best places to visit on the way to Ratnagiri from Mumbai
- Kolad, nestled in the Sahyadri Hills is a small village in the Raigad district of Maharashtra. This place is famous for adventure water sports like River Rafting and in monsoons you can enjoy the natural beauty. The majestic valleys and scenic environment make Kolad a treat to the eyes. You have to experience the fourteen kilometer stretch White River Rafting in the river KundalikaRiver. Other places to see in Kolad is Tamhini Ghat Falls, Bhira Dam, Ghosala Fort, Tala Fort, Kuda Mandad Caves etc.
- Mahad is considered as the Land of freedom fighters and this town lies on the banks of river Savitri. The most popular tourist attraction in this place is the holy shrine of Shri Varad Vinayak Temple. This shrine is one of the ‘Ashta Vinayak’ shrines in the state of Maharashtra. This place is a stop-over for tourists travelling to Konkan and Mahabaleshwar.
- Chiplun is famous for Malvani Cuisine. The top sightseeing places in Chiplun are Vashishti River, Marleshwar Temple, Guhagar Beach, Sawatsada Waterfalls, Lord Parashurama Temple and Koyna Dam.
- Ratnagiri is a beautiful port town in Maharashtra surrounded by gorgeous hills of the Sahyadri ranges. This place has a diverse range of tourist attractions in the form of temples, beaches and monuments. Ratnagiri is famous for Haapus Aam (Alphonso Mango). You can also buy Cashews, Aam Panna, Kokum Sharbhat, Sandan and Amboli.
These are some popular traditional foods from Konkan, the range includes seafood and meat too.
- Kombdi Vade – A Konkani dish made of Chicken & Rice Dumplings.
- Kismoor – A Goan side dish made with toasted dried prawns, onion, grated coconut and spices.
- Ras Shirwale – Freshly made rice noodles dipped in coconut milk that has been sweetened with jaggery.
- Kaakdichi Tausoli – A sweet cake made with cucumber, grated coconut and broken rice.
- Ratambi Che Sarbat – Pulp of ripe fruit is used for making sharbat, and dried rind of fruit is used as a substitute for tamarind.
- Ukdya Tandlachi Pej – Tandalachi Pej is a healthy rice porridge where rice grains are cooked in water with some salt.
- Patoli – A rice cake filled with grated coconut and jaggery before being steamed in a turmeric leaf.
- Olya Kajuchi Usal – Tender cashew nuts in a spicy curry (Vegetarian).
- Khaproli – A thick pancake made from rice, lentils, and spices eaten dipped in sweetened coconut milk.
The top attractions to visit in Ratnagiri are Ratnadurga Fort or Bhagawati Fort, Ganapatipule Beach, Jay Vinayak Temple Jaigad, Kunkeshwar Beach, Swayambhu Ganpati Temple, etc.